Saturday, November 6, 2010

Draco Malfoy

Yes, I have dressed up in black cloaks and shouted expelliarmus at my friends. Yes, I have carved the words The Dark Lord Shall Rise Again onto my desk. I have stayed up al night reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by the light of my table lamp or my cell phone. Yes, I am a "Harry-Potter- geek."



Draco Malfoy… I always thought he was, kind of an enigma. Okay maybe not always, but at least after book 6. From the spoilt, rich, obnoxious brat from books 1 to 5, he breaks down into a shell of who he used to be, ashen-faced, entrusted with a duty he did not want. At least one he wasn't strong enough to execute. Maybe I'm being dramatic with the whole "broken into a shell of who he was" thing, but hey, not my fault if I have a flair for the dramatic!



Been a while since I read book 7 but one scene I remember from it is Lord Voldemort having suspended the Muggle Studies professor, revolving her in mid air.

"All of the Death Eaters were looking up at the captive now, as though they had been given permission to show curiosity. As she revolved to face the firelight, the woman said, in a cracked and terrified voice, 'Severus! Help me!'

'Ah, yes,' said Snape as the prisoner turned slowly away again.

'And you, Draco?' asked Voldemort, stroking the snake's snout with his wand-free hand. Draco shook his head jerkily. Now that the woman had woken, he seemed unable to look at her anymore."



Well, the topic of Draco came up because I very recently saw the movie of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (No, even though I am a fan of the books, never been very into the movie franchise) and it struck me how incredibly *hot* the actor who plays Draco has become. =P So much better an actor… [No offense to Radcliffe fans…]



Better dressed than Harry too, while Harry saves the world in a hoodie and jeans, Draco Malfoy goes about his mission in a well tailored black suit which sets off his pale complexion and hair. Ooh la la!



Lol…



♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm open to criticism....