Thursday, September 9, 2010

To You...

This is something I wrote for my friend... To let her know how special she is and how important she is to me...

 You just sit there




Staring, blank


Expressionless


Beating yourself up


Asking why


Why me






I want to tell you its not just you


Things happen, and


They happen for a reason






It may seem unfair


Tiring


Exhausting


Annoying


Like the table is rigged


Against your odds


Bad luck






Please smile


Cause things are never


As bad as they seem






Don’t cry


They're not worth your tears


The only one worth it


Will never let your tears fall






Sadness, pain


Are like quicksand


Can sink you if


You fight too hard


Let it wash over you


Bathe in its cool bitterness


Face it, don't run away






Wish you would see


How strong you really are


Wish I could show you


How strong you are


But then again…






That is up to you.


Facing the pain,


Recognizing your strength,


That - only you can do.


Love, let go and


Forgive yourself.






Find yourself


Get up, look up


You are strong


You are you






Even if it is


The darkest day,


A tear filled night


A lonely week


A depressing time


Just remember


It can never be


Too dark, too sad,


Or too lonely


Because


Even if it seems like


Nobody is there for you


You always have yourself






So, I wont say anything


Wont show you how strong you are


Because it's important


That you know


Even if I'm not there


You have with you


The closest friend


You'll ever have


And the strongest person


You'll ever meet


You will have You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm open to criticism....