Thursday, June 21, 2012

Driving Blues

To someone who's never been to India, or any other country with similar road issues, there's no point in reading any further. Instead you might want to go back to my previous post and read my new story, called "Smiles and Simple Things." I'm considering putting up the original version which didn't have quite as definite an ending.

Back to the topic, driving on Indian roads. If the reader expects a rant on their impeccable condition with numerous potholes and the like, stop. Because, quite honestly, I don't think I've ever experienced anything that I love quite as much as I love driving on Indian roads.

Being completely brutally honest, up until my last vacation here, I have to admit I was terrified to even imagine driving here, where lorry drivers, truck drivers and KSRTC bus drivers consider the two lanes on the road to be one-way, that is, one to drive in and one to overtake in, and almost everyone else drives on the invisible middle lane.

Man, I was just getting in the mood, sister wants to have dinner. Another time then.

By the way, the word 'Blues' is symbolic of my depression that I don't have driving lessons tomorrow. Instead, I have to get an eye test and a blood test. Apparently in all my eighteen years of living I've never had reason to know my blood group. Lets hope it doesn't change from AB+ve.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm open to criticism....